Fly posting

If you want to place posters, leaflets, business cards or any other advertising in a public area or on council land, you must get permission.

Getting permission to advertise

If you want to advertise on council-owned land or building, check our Licenses - Highway Projection page. 

For adertising on private land or buildings, check our Planning- Advertisement Control page.

You can find legislation and more information on fly posting by looking at:

How to report flyposting

You can report fly posting using our online form.  Include a description of what's been posted and give the exact location, like street name, nearest house number, street light number, landmark, shop or road junction.

SOCITM Visit Counter